How To Boost Your Self-Confidence - Season 1 Ep. 2
Get your free access to the life changing 7 Day Positivity Project video training here www.moirageary.com/pos-proj
On this podcast we are going to cover
- What is self-confidence?
- 6 Factors that affect it
- 6 Tips on how to build self-confidence
What is Self-Confidence?
Self-confidence is the belief you have in yourself and your abilities. It is an important quality to have because it can help you feel more capable of dealing with challenges and achieving your goals.
When you have self-confidence, you are more likely to take some risks and try new things, which can lead to positive personal development.
Factors that affect self-confidence
Lots of things can affect self-confidence and I am going to share 6 with you in a moment. First it is important to outline that some people might have developed lower levels of self-confidence because of conditioning or genetic influences or past experiences, while others can have higher levels of self-confidence but can still have it knocked by negative experiences or situations.
Here are 6 things that can knock confidence, but this is not an exhaustive list:
- Negative feedback or criticism from others
- Failure or setbacks
- Lack of support or encouragement from others
- Comparison to others
- Lack of success in achieving goals
- Difficult life experiences or challenges
It is important to remember that self-confidence can be improved and strengthened over time. This can involve working on:
- Building a positive attitude,
- Setting and working towards achievable goals and
- It can also be helpful to seek support from friends, family, or a therapist if you are struggling with low self-confidence.
How to build confidence
Here are six tips for you to practice to help building your confidence:
- Set realistic goals and celebrate your accomplishments.
- Practice self-care. Taking care of your physical and mental health is essential for building confidence. This means eating a healthy diet, getting regular exercise, and getting enough sleep.
- Choose who you spend time with wisely. The people you spend time with can have a big impact on your confidence. Surround yourself with positive, supportive people who believe in you and encourage you to be your best.
- Be positive and avoid negative self-talk but for now remember it's important to stay positive and avoid negative self-talk, which can be detrimental to your confidence. Instead focus on the good things in your life and remind yourself of your strengths and things you have achieved.
- Take risks and try new things. Building confidence often means stepping out of your comfort zone and trying new things. This can be scary, but it's also a great way to learn and grow and to gain new skills and experiences, which can boost your confidence.
- Practice self-compassion. Being kind and compassionate with yourself is an important part of building confidence. When you make a mistake or face a challenge, try to talk to yourself in the same way you would talk to a friend.
To summaries all of that, Self-confidence is the belief you have in yourself and your abilities. Building confidence is a process that takes time and effort. Things you can do to get started, set goals, practicing self-care, surrounding yourself with positive people, and being kind to yourself. Starting with these few tips will get you on the road so you can gradually start to build your confidence and feel more capable and self-assured.
Before I reveal what you will learn in the next episode remember as always
- make sure you get your free access to the 7 Day Positivity Project video training if you haven’t already www.moirageary.com/pos-proj
- Remember we leave ‘no soldier behind’ so please share this with anyone you know needs it and invite them to join the project.
- Stay in the circle ie you can find me in lots of places Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, podcast, email round ups, so find your preferred medium and if you want to join me in free live conversations all links below
How to stay in the circle:
Get your free access to The 7 Day Positivity Project video training if you haven’t already www.moirageary.com/pos-proj
Facebook Group for live chats with me: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1002878506405145
Email List: https://www.moirageary.com/stay-connected
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Iammoirageary
On our next episode I will be supporting you with your inner critic:
- What exactly is your inner critic?
- I will share 4 ways to recognise it and
- 5 ways to manage it